The system consists a personal wearable medical device (PWMD) worn on the forearm containing multiple health parameters measurement and records 24h/7d data without the disadvantage of the existing cuff-technology. The PWMD provides wireless communication to transfer personal health data into the cloud and make it available for the telemedicine centre. To keep the PWMD small, attractive and easy to use, additional functions can be integrated into the system through wireless communication.
The continuous blood pressure measurement project is the first such project within STBL. However, STBL is closely working with AoT, which has not only been active in this field for many years but has also has a proven successful track record. The following is the description of such successful projects:
ALFApump™, AMON, Antenna (DBS) Switch, ASAP System, BT Node, EEG Data-Logger, EMERGE, GPS Data-Logger (OEM), GPS Data-Logger (Pigeon), GPS Data-Logger (ZHAW), GPS Tracker Box, Medical Device, Pentium Multi Chip Module (MCM), PermaSense, Poken, Belt Integrated Computer (QBIC), Space Technology Study.
- ECG electrodes and circuit available.
- Unique cuff-less Blood Pressure measurement with pressure sensors is available in hard and software in a version that works on the wrist when the arm is relatively still.
- Pulse is measured by means of pressure sensors or optical sensors on the wrist. Both systems have been developed in the past and are available in hard and software.
- Skin Temperature measurement is available in hard and software. This parameter can be used to detect if the device is worn by the patient. If body temperature would be required, an algorithm would be developed but for better accurate rather be added separately if required.
- The patients breathing rate can already be seen in the measurement data of the medical blood pressure sensors. The algorithm to extract the data automatically will be developed.
- The arterial elasticity is covered with the available sensors. The algorithm for automated data extraction will be developed.
- Art of Technology AG
AoT specializes in custom specific electronic system design and development of hardware and software for embedded systems. AoT is co-contractor of STBL and responsible for the development and engineering of the personal wearable medical device (PWMD).
- EMPA Switzerland
Empa is an interdisciplinary research and services institution for material sciences and technology development within the ETH Domain. Empa’s research and development activities are oriented to meet the requirements of industry and the needs of our society, and link together applications-oriented research and the practical implementation of new ideas, science and industry, and science and society.
- University Hospital Zurich
University Hospital Zurich is one of the largest and most important teaching hospitals in Europe. With its 40 divisions and institutes, the hospital is renowned for its achievements in health care, research and teaching, as well as for compassionate care.
- Zurich Heart House
Member of the STBL Advisory board. Editor World Journal of Cardiology and Member of the European Society of Hypertension Center of Excellence. He is head physician of Cardiology at the Hospital Lucerne and Director Centre of hypertension Lucerne. He is group leader of Cardiac Physiology, Dept. Research Basel
Member board of directors STBL
STBL CTO Electrical Engineer Swiss Federal Institute of Technology. Dr. Etienne Hirt received his M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering and his Ph.D. degree from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich, in 1995 and 2000, respectively. As CTO of STBL and co-founder of AoT he has many years’ experience in developing and testing medical sensors and their algorithms as well as developing medical and other devices in hard- and software. He is the technical leader of the STBL project.
Сo-founder and Vice President Board of directors of STBL. Prof. Lüscher is Editor-in-chief of the European Heart Journal and he has published over 400 original research articles and review articles. Since 1996 Thomas F. Lüscher is Professor and Chairman of Cardiology at the University Hospital Zurich and Director of CardioVascular Research at the Institute of Physiology of the University Zurich, Switzerland. Doctoral thesis: "Extra renal manifestations of fibro muscular reno vascular hypertension" (University of Zurich, 1980)
STBL CEO ad interim, Member board of directors. Team leader and first contact – RUSSWI Project. 20 years in Profit and Loss responsibilities within international IT business environments such as Business Development Director for Central and Eastern Europe Countries as well as Country Manager for Central Europe for a legal entity with over 250 employees