Synesis is a global technology provider in video analytics and business intelligence. Its core competences include network video infrastructure, scalable video analytics, cloud services and mobile. Synesis employs over 100 engineers using in-house labs for hardware design and video analysis. Synesis customers are billion dollar companies such as Technoserv (Russia), Renesas (Japan), Basler (Germany), Siemens (Germany) and Yandex (Russia).
The project team of 40 is backed up by the Graphics and Media Lab of Lomonosov Moscow State Univ. and led by Dr. Nikolai Ptitsyn, CEO and Co-Founder. Delivered a number of international computer vision projects in medicine, biometrics and security. Led numerous startups, three of which led to successful valuations and exits. Graduated from the Bauman Moscow State Technical Univ. Two multidisciplinary PhDs: the British title of Doctor of Philosophy in Chaos Theory and the Russian title of Candidate of Technical Science in Fractal Image Analysis. 30+ scientific and business articles, 10+ patent applications in video analysis.
Synesis has developed and commercialised a range of products and technologies including:
- ONVIF-based HD camera and multichannel video encoders;
- i-LIDS approved video analytics;
- Open-source ONVIF video management software;
- 3D modelling and simulation engine to estimate security system performance;
- high speed face detection engine for accurate multimedia content indexing;
- stereoscopic video registration and face matching framework;
- embedded digital image stabiliser (antishaker) with subpixel compensation;
- fingerprint and palmprint identification engine.