Stream Labs is now working on several ambitious projects, which could be separate business-units in case of getting outward investment. Projects suggested for realization:
1. Hardware and software suite for complex video analytics The project is designed to improve the effectiveness of CCTV across the city. The main element of the project will be development of 3D camera for the construction of space surveillance systems. Our team has extensive expertise and experience in the implementation of projects associated with the development of hardware for video surveillance systems (IP cameras and IP servers). The purpose is the creation of a system that can efficiently respond in online mode to incidents around the big city. The system concept has already been developed. Future goals are to develop algorithms and suitable architecture.
2. Compression algorithm - Motion Wavelet The project is designed to improve modern video compression algorithms (codec). Algorithm development has begun in 1997 and has been applied in the software of several Russian companies since 1999. The developed codec is based on the wavelet reduction, which has doubtless advantages for the aims of CCTV. For example, the Motion Wavelet algorithm for static images compresses 20% more efficient than JPEG, when the artifacts are small and the image is of the high quality. The advantage under the main JPEG modes is also obvious even with a high-ratio compression. In addition, the compression artifacts of Wavelet algorithm have less effect on image perception than artifacts of JPEG. JPEG compressed image fall into blocks of 8x8 pixels, when the degree of compression is really high, which seriously impairs the perception of the object contours. It does not happen when you use wavelet compression algorithms. Currently, codec H.264 is the industry standard. At the moment, our algorithm with the same image quality gives 10% lower size of video data than the H.264. Codec has been continuously developing since 1997, and is regularly used in the product "Intelligence" of ITV Company (a leading developer of video surveillance systems www.itv.ru). Based on gathered experience, and thanks to constant development team which hasn’t been changed since 1997 (except of adding a new blood), our company started to develop a Motion Wavelet codec of the second-generation, which gives even more cost-effectiveness of resources and quality. According to preliminary estimates, we can win up to 50% in comparison with H.264. At the moment it is clear, that the technology is extremely effective. And with the outward investment, the Motion Wavelet algorithm can be brought to the level of international standard for video surveillance systems. This project is the most capacious in terms of investment.
3. High resolution 16 pixel camera This is a project for the creation of high resolution ip-camera for video surveillance systems. The primary approach is to use a high-resolution ip-camera for video analysis, for example, to detect faces in a large stream of people. The implementation of video analytics algorithms will be made on the board of camera, which gives a significant advantage for optimization of data transmission. We carried out the researches to make a right choice of the hardware platform. The documentation for the device is ready.
4. Radio-frequency detector synchronized with camera The project’s goal is to develop a system for the remote detection of metal objects, such as weapons. The system is based on the reflection of electromagnetic waves, which leads to the achievement of the following objectives: - Increase the scanning speed of the controlled environment, which may contain metal objects; - Improve the system reliability for the metal objects detection; - Synchronous operation with video camera, which will allow displaying the objects in the video frame; - Expand the range of allowable distances of metal objects detection - increase of the noise-resistance in metal objects detection; - Not detecting the metal objects permanently located in the sector scan, which don’t pose a threat, for example, the lattice fence. A patent for the invention in Russia is № 2327189 and in U.S. is № 7683822 US-B2. It is required to develop and implement the algorithms for the selection of desired signal, and to refine the hardware.
5. A housing for an outdoor surveillance camera The main idea of the project is to develop a method for preventing pollution of the front window glass of housing for an outdoor surveillance camera. This method provides: - Prevention of dust deposit, accumulation of water drops, snow and frost on the front window glass of the housing for the outdoor surveillance video camera; - Cooling of video camera located inside the housing; - Maintenance of temperature and humidity within the camera housing at the optimal levels for video camera operations; - Prevention of direct sunlight illumination of the camera lens, which improves image quality in the camcorder. A patent for the invention in Russia is № 2439838. An application for the invention in U.S. is lodged. It is required to create a sample, to test and implement it.
6. IP cameras and IP servers with high-performance 2D video analytics. The main idea of the project is to develop and produce a digital megapixel ip-camera and ip-server based on the processor, providing the possibility to build efficient image processing algorithms in real time. For example, video motion detector, cross line detector, smoke and flares detector. These devices are designed for a wide range of customers, who install the video surveillance systems. The main advantage of our devices is embedded video analytics in cameras and servers, which will produce the primary conversion of events and reduce the traffic on network data delivery. At the moment the product samples are developed and it is required to perform porting of the analytics algorithms.