PhD, Senior Member IEEE
Head of ET4NBIC Lab (Emerging Technologies for Nano-Bio-Info-Cogno)
ET4NBIC teams: Nano Communications Center and WINTER Group
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Tampere University of Technology.
Ongoing teaching responsibilities
- ELT-51106 Computer Networking I
- ELT-53106 Computer Networking II
- ELT-53206 Peer-to-Peer Networks
- ELT-53306 Wireless Networking
- ELT-53406 Special Course on Networking
- ELT-53506 Seminar Course on Networking
- ELT-51106 Networking Laboratory I
- ELT-53006 Networking Laboratory II
- wireless networks and systems
- nanocommunication networks
- IoT (Internet of Things), M2M
- IEEE Communications Magazine, Associate Technical Editor. Impact Factor 3.785
- IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, Editor. Impact Factor 6.311
- IEEE Communication Society Technology News, Editor
- IEEE MMTC Committee Co-Chair of Interest Group on Distributed and Sensor Networks for Mobile Media Computing and Applications
- IEEE Globecom 2014, Austin, Texas, US. NGN symposium Co-Chair
Ongoing research projects
- Transmission Technologies for 5G, funded by Academy of Finland and NSFC China, 2015 - 2017, co-PI.
- 5G Technologies, funded by Intel, 2015, PI.
- Empowering Secure, Private, and Trusted Network-Assisted Device-to-Device Communication, funded by Academy of Finland, 2014 - 2016, Consortium Leader.
- IoT (Internet of Things) Strategic Research Agenda, funded by DIGILE/TEKES, 2012 - 2015, PI.
- Nanocommunication Networks, FiDiPro, funded by Academy of Finland, Prof. Ian F. Akyildiz, Georgia Tech, USA, 2012 - 2016, PI.
Past research projects
- Nano Communication in Microfluidic Devices, funded by TTY-saatio, 2014, PI.
- 5G Technologies, funded by Intel, 2014, PI.
- WiNeMO: Wireless Networking for Moving Objects, IC0906, funded by ESF COST, 2009 - 2014, Chair. - HetNets, funded by Intel, 2013, PI.
- Energy-Efficient Cooperative Approaches for Machine-to-Machine Communication, funded by Academy of Finland, 2012 - 2013, PI
- D2D, funded by Intel, 2012-2013, PI.
- Future Ubiquitous Services and Applications UBISERVE, funded by TEKES, NSN and Nokia, 2010 - 2012, PI.
- ICT SHOK Future Internet Programme, funded by Tekes, 2008 - 2012.
- Cross-layer performance control and optimization system for wireless channels. Academy of Science, Finland. 2006 - 2009.
- ICT SHOK, TEKES, Finland, 2008 - 2009.
- COST 290 Wi-QoST: Traffic and QoS Management in Wireless Multimedia Networks, ESF COST, 2004 - 2008.
- IST FP6 NoE E-NEXT. 2003 – 2005.
- ICEFIN. TEKES. 2002 – 2004.