Skolkovo resident Fibrum creates world’s first virtual stores for AliExpress1336
Skolkovo scientist says AI and blockchain could accelerate biomedical research809
Lawyers vs. artificial intelligence: Skolkovo to host LegalTech forum741
Sberbank acquires stake in leading face recognition company VisionLabs613
Work at Skolkovo: innovation city launches its own recruitment channel496
Biobank lab opens in Skolkovo Technopark450
Skolkovo entrepreneurs sweep the board at awards ceremonies221
Path to a sustainable future begins in the office, say ecologists192
Skolkovo resident Fibrum creates world’s first virtual stores for AliExpress0
Lawyers vs. artificial intelligence: Skolkovo to host LegalTech forum0
Sberbank acquires stake in leading face recognition company VisionLabs0
Skolkovo scientist says AI and blockchain could accelerate biomedical research0
Work at Skolkovo: innovation city launches its own recruitment channel0
Biobank lab opens in Skolkovo Technopark0
Skolkovo entrepreneurs sweep the board at awards ceremonies0
Path to a sustainable future begins in the office, say ecologists0
Ten Skolkovo startups will be among the global tech companies showcasing their products and solutions at TechCrunch Disrupt in New York next week.
The Skolkovo startups heading to New York next week include RoboCV, whose autopilot system turns any regular forklift into a warehouse robot that can be managed via the cloud (above). Photo: Sk.ru.
TechCrunch Disrupt is a major event used by tech startups to launch their products and by entrepreneurs and investors to discuss the latest developments in the world of tech. The 10 Russian startups will exhibit their tech at the Startup and Hardware Alley on the second day of the conference, which runs from May 15-17 at Pier 36 in New York City.
“The Skolkovo team is thrilled to take part in TechCrunch Disrupt in New York for the first time,” said Vasily Belov, senior vice president for innovations of the Skolkovo Foundation.
“The Skolkovo resident startups will show robotics, hardware and IoT, health and biotech, VR & AI technologies. The founders of the 10 companies will be looking at raising from $1 million up to $10 million in investment,” he said.
“The Skolkovo investment team will look at the most promising projects at the conference to invite them to join the ecosystem of the leading innovation centre in Russia,” added Belov.
The startups showing off their tech at the Skolkovo Pavilion at TechCrunch Disrupt New York are:
1. RoboCV: Autopilot systems for the automated transportation of pallets within a warehouse. The company’s X-MOTION NG solution turns regular electrical forklifts into robots that can be managed via the cloud.
2. Marvelmind Robotics: Precise (within 2cm) indoor navigation system for use with autonomous robots and drones and in virtual reality. Marvelmind has customers in more than 30 countries.
3. Piligrim: Next generation augmented reality environment development platform for tourists and museum projects. It creates the effect of time travel, allowing users to take part in historical events and to see architectural masterpieces.
4. Market Music: Intelligent system of audio and video in-store broadcasting for retail chains and HoReCa companies. The system recognises customers’ age and gender, and enables establishments to count their customers – information that can be used to increase conversion and customer loyalty.
5. Playkey: Game virtualization service that allows users to play the latest top-rated computer games on older, low-performance PCs and laptops.
6. VisionLabs: The company’s Face.DJ software makes it possible to build a realistic 3D model of a face from a single photo. Vision Labs has been named one of the world’s top three facial recognition companies.
7. Wattsbattery: A portable home energy storage and management system that uses a plug and play power cell that can be used both in the home and outdoors. The battery is wirelessly connected to a cloud platform and mobile app.
8. DRD Biotech: An in vitro rapid test for assessing brain damage. The test can be used to detect an ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack, as well as concussion and the risk of posttraumatic epilepsy.
9. Gero: Gero develops personalized biomarkers of aging and overall health risks based on the activity stream from any wearable.
10. Navigine: A highly accurate platform for indoor navigation and tracking. Navigine helps developers and system integrators to create mobile apps and enterprise systems for the navigation of visitors and staff, and tracking of goods.