We aim to provide an innovative educational environment, fostering the natural potential and inbom talents of the students, developing critical thinking, erudition and intelligence, inspiring our students to innovate and to change the world for the better.
Founder: The non-profit organization, Foundation for Development of the Center and Commercialization of New Technologies (The Skolkovo Foundation).
Legal Entity: Private Educational Institution
Opening Date: The school opened its doors in 2015 and moved to a new building on the Skolkovo Campus in August 2017. It is located at 4 Zvorykin Street.
Conceptual Development and Future Goals
The International Gymnasium of the Skolkovo Innovation Center (IG Skolkovo) is a private Russian school that is open to students ranging from Preschool through High School. The school is divided into four sections: Preschool/Kindergarten (ages 2 to 6); Primary School (grades 1 through 4); Middle School (grades 5 through 9); High School (grades 10 and 11). The school welcomes both Russian and foreign students, which reflects the mentality of Skolkovo. We will continually strive to bring out the full potential of every student:
- continue to work toward International Baccalaureate authorization through the implementation of IB curriculum, methodology, and technology;
- develop the intellectual, emotional, personal, and social skills necessary to live in the modern world;
- to continue to expand our foreign faculty and their involvement in the school;
- an array of subjects such as Robotics, IT, Science, Math, Language Arts, Social Studies, Music, Art, and various extracurricular activities will be offered
- mandatory study of a second foreign language; Chinese, Spanish and German are currently offered;
- continue to develop IG Skolkovo as the cornerstone of the Skolkovo Ecosystem